Generating thumbnails for images not displayed

I noticed that after upgrading to Ubuntu 8.10 (and therefore F-Spot
0.5.0.3) that thumbnails don't generate correctly for me anymore. At
first, I thought the system wasn't generating thumbnails at all and then
I realized that if I wait long enough, they start generating from the
bottom up (from earlier photos up).

If I scroll down, thumbnails are already generated for photos I'm not
viewing.

I can confirm this behavior by deleting my thumbnails and browsing my
photo library. F-Spot seems to be generating thumbnails for images not
currently visible first.

I have about 6k photos.

Anything else I can provide?