Re: How to debug F-Spot

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 12:23 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 12:10 +0100, Ali Servet Donmez wrote:
> > Hey Ruben,
> >
> > thanks for your reply.
> >
> > On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 10:43 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> > > It seems as if you miss .mdb (debug symbols), which is why it can't make
> > > a trace.
> >
> > I'm not sure if that's the real issue here. I see all those missing
> > *.mdb lines, but debugger will still go on without'em, the problem --I
> > believe-- when an exception is caught...
> >
> > Then I figured out actually a System.DllNotFoundException is thrown and
> > that's because /home/exalted/unstable/f-spot/lib/f-spot/libfspot.so.0 is
> > not there. Apparently you have to install f-spot before debugging to
> > path where you've specified in autogen.sh (or configure) with prefix
> > parameter.
> >
> > Once you issue "make install" on build directory then debugger will run
> > that's because all *.so* files are where they should be.
>
> Fair enough :-) Did you actually get the debugger to function correctly?
> That would be an achievement that has always been impossible to reach on
> my system. Should try again.

Yes, f-spot fires up, but apparently I'm not as smart as someone else
who is able to use the debugger.

How would you add a single breakpoint to HandleToggleViewBrowse method
in src/MainWindow.cs for instance?

I tried "break MainWindow.HandleToggleViewBrowse", I'm not sure if that
will do the job...

--
Ali Servet Donmez <asd pittle org>