Re: Finding mislaid tags

Frank de Lange wrote:
Dougie Nisbet wrote:
I'm usually pretty good at keeping my tag hierarchy neat and tidy.
However sometimes I forget where I've put one or accidentally get it in
the wrong place. For example, I've lost 'Merseyside'. It's not under my
'Places' tag so I've probably accidentally buried it in another tag
tree. I can

   /Merseyside

and find all the photos. I just can't find the tag.

While the interface does not offer a search option you can make use of
the fact that f-spot uses an sqlite database. Those can be queried by
the sqlite command line tool. Use something like this to get a list of
all your tags and their parent tags:

sqlite3 .config/f-spot/photos.db "select label.name,
parents.name,label.is_category from tags as label,tags as parents where
parents.id=label.category_id union select
tags.name,'ROOT',tags.is_category from tags where
tags.category_id=0"|sort|less
Thanks - that works a treat. I have now found 'Merseyside'!

Dougie