Unavailable photos in the screensaver

Hi all,

I have F-Spot as the screensaver and I have most of my old photos on
an external HDD (symlinks like ~/Photos/2008 ->
/media/ExternalHDD/Photos/2008/) so when the screensaver activates in
cases when the external HDD is not connected most of the time all it
shows is a 'photo missing' icon. I wonder, if it is already possible
to detect that the photo is not there and show the icon, it should be
possible to also skip this photo, right?

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius debian org