Re: Open Canon RAW files with GIMP

If you have gimp-ufraw installed, it can open RAW files.

On ma, 2009-08-10 at 11:58 +0200, list heinrich-muenz de wrote:
When I right-click on a Canon RAW file (*.cr2) in F-Spot (6.0 in Ubuntu Karmic) and choose "Open with GIMP", I will beasked, if F-Spot should create a new version of that image. When I say yes, a new file called "image (Edited in GIMP).cr2" will be created. That makes no sense, because GIMP cannot store any RAW files. I guess it would be better to create a new .jpg file that way.

Regards

Heiner