Re: RFE: pixelate selected area

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 09:41:29AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> A really nice editing feature would be the ability to pixelate a
> selected area of a photo.  The use case is for uploading photos to a web
> gallery but perhaps there are people in the picture who don't want their
> faces splashed all over the web.

I think that would be quite a bad idea, as it just leads to a false
sense of anonymity. If the pixels are small enough that you can see
that there's a face underneeth then you might be able to recognise the
person, especially with further processing. If not, you might as well
remove the face from the image entirely.

On that basis, I think a better feature would be one to fill a
selection with a solid colour, but perhaps its best left for an actual
image editing app.