directory cleanup, how?

Hi,

I have been using f-spot for some time and gradually understood how it
works etc. Now I have a problem that I have not perfect control over
where my photo-files resides, and in general need to clean this up. I
have problems understanding how I could do this, without risking to
lose files etc.

What I have done.

I have imported almost all my files directly from my camera which I
connected with a USB cable. They were imported/copied into a folder
called "Foto" in my home folder. However, "Foto" is just a symbolic
link to a folder on a removarble USB drive.

So most pictures were imported here:

/home/andka/Foto/

which is just a symbolic link to here:

/media/<diskname>/Foto

This is clever since it should be easy to move the Foto directory
somwhere else, to another USB-disk, or an internal, and just redirect
the symbolic link. And that is exactly what I need to do.

However, it seems that I managed to import some files to the "real"
directory on the USB drive,i.e. they have the file path
/media/<diskname>/Foto/.../<filename> in the f-spot db. So these will
not work after the move, even if they actually also are copied to the
new location, since they have the path to the old location in the db.

It also seems I have imported some pictures into a directory called
"Pictures" (probably very early in my f-spot career) and some files in
my Foto folder does not seem to appear in f-spot etc etc.

Is there a way to find all files with a specific filepath. The
Arrange-by feature is very rudimentary. How can I seed which pictures
actually belong to a specific folder. I am only able to make the
"first" picture "flash" when I move the thing in the bar at the top.

Is it possible to move files while keeping them in the f-spot db? (or
will I have to export them, delete them from f-spot and re-imort them
in the right place)?

I seem to remember reading somewhere about someone using scripts to
scan for pictures on the HD but not in f-spot, and the other way
around etc. But now I am not able to find this again.

Thanks for any help, and an otherwise great photo-manager!