tools not available ?

Since some time, I am not any more able
to acces any of the f-spot edit tools
(red-eye, crop, streighten, colors...).
They are simply not there, after clicking the "Edit Image"
toolbar icon, or double clicking on the image, etc.

I am not actually sure since when I have this problem.
Perhaps it happened after an upgrade to a newer f-spot version,
but I am not sure. After a month of not using
f-spot, I started it again, and then slowly realized that there used
to be a few more functions available....

I have of course first  tried to search for the solution
in many places, tried with a fresh user account...

Any hints? Thanks in advance.

Marcin