Re: Dev tool

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Ruben Vermeersch <ruben savanne be> wrote:
On wo, 2008-05-07 at 09:45 +0200, Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> as lorenzo said, we're not using monodevelop (maybe we should) for our
> main development. updating the projects files is pretty trivial, and if
> you do so, I'll be happy to push the updated ones on svn.

I'm quite interested in this one as well, I'd like to experiment a bit
with MonoDevelop (although I'm afraid it won't satisfy me after being
spoiled with the Eclipse/Java experience).

Unfortunately, I don't have the faintest clue on how MD works, so if
anyone wants to take this up, I'd highly appreciate it!

I've had a bit of a play trying to get it sorted out, but there seems to be some defect in MonoDevelop; it tries to parse the automake file to figure out how to build, but doesn't understand things like $(foreach ...) and so it gets confused.  I'll have a look and see if a more recent MD deals with this and let you know.

Tom