Re: F-Spot hangs on tagging and export operations.

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 14:43 +0100, Antonio Gennarini wrote:
> Just freshly compiled F-Spot 0.4.3.1 on my Debian Etch (source package
> from official repositories).
>
> Apart from the fact that it differs from the binary package in the
> official repositories (immagine that I needed to activate some switches
> to obtain the new presentation features) it hangs when trying to tag a
> single photo.
>
> It also hangs when I try to export to folder and when I click on
> preferences. WHen I filter on tags it works fine.
> SO there are things that work OK and others that don't. ANy clues?

Debian's official f-spot 0.4.3.1 package works for me on sid. Are you
changing anything about the build process when backporting to stable?
Can you reproduce the problems with the official GNOME f-spot package?

Are you using the versions of mono and so on from Debian etch?

F-spot 0.4.3.1 won't reach lenny for over two weeks - we've just
discovered that semweb in the f-spot tarball hasn't been updated to a
GPL-compatible license, so there'll need to be a new upload. Mirco Bauer
has packaged semweb separately, and we'll build both f-spot and beagle
against that.

> Once, I left the thing running even if aparently dead.
>
> After about 3-4 minutes after clicking the export function, the window
> eventually popped up. THis is wiered ...

You should probably run 'f-spot --debug' from the console and inspect
the output.

--
Tim Retout <tim retout co uk>