F-Spot hangs on tagging and export operations.

HI.

Just freshly compiled F-Spot 0.4.3.1 on my Debian Etch (source package
from official repositories).

Apart from the fact that it differs from the binary package in the
official repositories (immagine that I needed to activate some switches
to obtain the new presentation features) it hangs when trying to tag a
single photo.

It also hangs when I try to export to folder and when I click on
preferences. WHen I filter on tags it works fine.
SO there are things that work OK and others that don't. ANy clues?
Once, I left the thing running even if aparently dead.

After about 3-4 minutes after clicking the export function, the window
eventually popped up. THis is wiered ...

Help is appreciated.

Thanks
Antonio