Behaviour of "Adjust Time"

Can I just check the expected behaviour of this function? I'm finding its behaviour a bit inconsistent. Is it meant to MOVE the file to its appropriate location based on the adjusted time? (If so, that is neat and very useful). For example if I change the date of a file to 26apr2003 does f-spot move the file to /jpegs/2003/04/26 ? The reason I'm sounding a bit vague is that I thought it did, and thought I'd seen it doing so, and now it's not.

Thanks,

Dougie