Re: Display bigger version of a photo on a tooltip

Hello!

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Steve Dobson
<steve dobson syscall org uk> wrote:

>  Having said that I'll admit that I don't read documentation most of the
>  time.  I'll only do that when I start using an application a lot, unless
>  I use an application a lot I'm not likely to remember the keyboard
>  shortcuts.  The problem with your feature request is that it is fine for
>  new users but would be a real pain to experienced users, or people who
>  just want to look at the thumbnails.

I'm curious - why are you saying, that this would make f-spot a
PITA for experienced users? If you just want to browse your photo
collection, all you'd have to do is to *NOT* hover of an image, so
that the bigger version isn't shown.

I actually would like to see his feature request be implemented.
But I think that the larger version of the image should not be
shown right away when hovering. Instead, there should be a small
delay (like 500ms?).

>  After all to be consistent not just the 'v' key would have to be listed.
>  All the other short key cuts and the other controls too, like
>  Ctrl-Wheelmouse back and for to enlarge/shrink the thumbnails.

Where should they be listed?

Michael