Add-in installation fails - how to get any details?

I am trying ot install some addins to f-spot (just now testing on
SyncMetaData, but seen similar effects on a few different addins).  So
I pick the addin I want to install, click Forward twice. The
installation window is displayed showing that some download progressess,
once it is over I get huge

      (-)      The installation failed!

                         [OK]

and that's all.

There is also nothing interesting on the standard output, f-spot prints
there message like

      Installing FSpot.SyncMetaData,0.4.3.0 v0.4.3.0

and that's all.

Is it possible to get the information *why* the installation failed
somehow?

PS f-spot 0.4.3.1, Ubuntu 8.04