Syncing two databases

My desktop is where f-spot lives.  When I travel I rsync my
photos to my laptop and the copy the database file to my laptop's home
directory.

While traveling I upload photos onto my laptop.

Normally when I get back home I can then reverse the process.  But,
sometimes I forget and upload photos on the desktop before re-syncing
with my laptop.

I could use something like unison to sync the photos between the two
machines, but are there any existing scripts to try and sync up the two
databases?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley