Watermarking

Hi everybody,

as I upload a lot of my pictures to an online service (Ipernity), it
would be great to have some way to watermark my pictures that makes it a
bit more difficult to copy them (or at least proves that they were
copied...)

This leads to one general question and one related to f-spot: what is
the best way to watermark a picture (without having a huge logo stamped
in, possible with a way to search the web where it has been used by some
spidering service (don't know if this is feasible...)) and: how do I do
it with f-spot (implement this into the export extension? Can there be
extensions to extensions if I want to switch watermarking on and off and
re-use it for more than one online service?)

And BTW: anybody by chance working on an ipernity export extension right
now? (lacking skill and time prevents me from doing it...)

cheers
Nils