Re: Plane in Plugin

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:15:07AM +0200, Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 09:11 +0200, Hans-Georg Menz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to create a plugin for F-Spot. Is it possible to add a plane
> > (see <http://www.hansgeorgmenz.de/images/f-spot-extra-layer.png> for
> > reference) to the UI of F-Spot or do I have to change the code of F-Spot
> > for that?
> you mean a slection box ala picasa ? yes, it's possible but not directly
> from an addin. you'll have to change some of the MainWindow.cs code for
> that.

While I'm not sure if it's the right place to do it, it would probably
be doable in an easy way by adding it as a sidebar page. Am planning on
adding a mono-addins extension point for that.

Adding it in the sidebar does however mean that you cannot use it
concurrently with other sidebar pages, which, well, for this thing kinda
sucks...

> > Can someone please point me in the right direction, where I can find
> > documentation on how to do this.
> As the code is constently moving, it's not possible to maintain a
> consistent documentation of the internals, but the files to modify are
> mainly f-spot.glade and MainWindow.cs.

Diving into the code is indeed the only way. It's hairy, but at least
it's up-to-date :-).

Cheers,
    Ruben

--