Sharing database among different users?

Hi, thanks for the great application. My whole family is enjoying this new toy!

I'd like to share f-spot among some users, so that we can share and
work on the same photos. For that, I created a new user+group called
'media' under Ubuntu Gutsy, added the users I wanted in the 'media'
group, and started f-spot as:

 $ gksudo -u media f-spot

But I only get a lot of errors, also after applying some tweaks
suggested in the forums and bugtrackers, such as:

 $ xhost +local:

Anyone has done this before? Anyone knows of a different (easier?)
solution? (Maybe the database+photos can be shared? What about
permissions problems?)

Thanks!

-Jerzy