Re: Refresh thumbnails: Request for Help

On Jan 11, 2008 12:51 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh asheesh org> wrote:
> Imagine this case:
>
> A user moves a file but doesn't tell a program.  The program can't find
> the file, and the user doesn't know how to tell the program to update its
> big long list of where its data have moved to.
>
> That's pretty normal.
>
> In fact, that's the case that this thread is about. (-:

Right. And such a feature has been implemented in, for example,
Google's Picasa. I think the ability of F-Spot of creating a `Photos'
directory of itself and organizing all the pictures inside it *without
user intervention* is a very good thing (something that is absent in
Picasa). But an important required addition would be the ability to
monitor *changes* in and out of the Photos directory automatically.
This would relieve the user from worrying every time if she should or
should not move that picture file.

Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com