Re: Write rotations to disk?

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Maxxer wrote:

Il giorno lun, 11/02/2008 alle 00.24 -0800, David Barrett ha scritto:
1) Can I configure F-Spot such that when I rotate an image, it actually writes the rotated image back out to disk?

No, F-Spot rotates images by just setting the proper exif bit. No other way to do that.

I don't know what you are saying there is "no other way" to do - just to be clear, you can losslessly rotate JPEG images much of the time. The jpegtran tool seems to do it in the Free Software world. For example, the Gallery.menalto.com software offers to do this for JPEG files with a rotation flag set in their EXIF.

-- Asheesh.

--
Always think of something new; this helps you forget your last rotten idea.
		-- Seth Frankel