RAW thumbnails (Nikon D50) not working correctly

Hi all,

I'm using f-spot to handle RAW  files of my Nikon D50 on Ubuntu 8.10.
Since some weeks or months (I'm using svn HEAD and update not that
often) the RAW thumbnailer isn't working as expected.
The RAW images are shown upside down and with a black border. That
worked before and if I'm navigating to the Photos folder in nautilus
the thumbnails are displayed correctly.

Has the f-spot handling of thumbnails changed or could this be a
misconfiguration of my system?

Thanks,
Joerg