Re: How to edit "Open With" context menu?

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 08:42 +0200, michael singer wrote:
> Thanks again for the hint, unfortunately this does not solve my problem.
> I'm working with Bibble and want to open RAW files with this program out
> of f-spot. I tried the extention "FSpot.SendToBibbleWorkQueue.1.03", but
> f-spot 0.4.4 doesn't allow to install this extension . It says Core
> v0.4.3.0 is needed.
>
> So, is there really no way to open RAW files with Bibble in f-spot 0.4.4?

We (f-spot devs) are not developing or maintaining that extension, so we
can't make it work for 0.4.4. Bug the extension maintainer

> Actually, F-spot looks like a photo organizer and image viewer. To be
> able to open an image out of an application like this, seems a very
> basic function to me.

in the "open with" menu, f-spot lists the app that can deal with URIs,
and bibble can not. you can trick the bibble .desktop to do so, search
the mailing list history for this...