Re: Testers wanted for Sidebar Editors Patch

On di, 2008-08-05 at 10:38 +0200, Mike Gemünde wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to give you feedback.

Cool! Before I start replying: thanks for testing!

> (1)
> First, I got a crash by the following sequence in single photo view
> 1) select auto whitebalance (->new version is created)
> 2) switch between original and new version
> 3) delete new version
> 4) confirm in dialog
> 5) click Crop
> (It does not work everytime)

Should be fixed.

> (2)
> The screenshot I have added to the email looks very ugly. Maybe remove
> the space between the widgets.

The whole UI is a bit ugly right now. I just made it work for now, as
 polish can always be added afterwards. But I absolutely agree :-).

> (3)
> It is also ugly, if the sidebar is small, that there is a horizontal
> scrollbar for the buttons. Maybe make the buttons width fit to the
> sidebar?
>

> (4)
> What about an 'unwind' button? It isn't needed to store any changes in
> the database or so. But it would be useful to make a change at the
> currently edited photo unwind. (-> delete the just created version)

Undo is troublesome right now, because we don't always create a new
version, making it very hard to roll back. For now we'll have to live
with it, unfortunately.