Re: Time Zone.

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 09:39 -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Dates in the database should not be floating, but based on some
> timezone.

Agreed...

> Since EXIF doesn't have a timezone associated with the timestamp on
> the image isn't the only possible solution to ask the use at import
> what timezone the camera is set for?

I can't think of a good user interface for this - if there are different
timezones in the same import, it becomes complicated. That's not to say
that it can't be done.

There are at least these others:

     1. Assume that the camera was using the same timezone as the
        computer is set to. This is probably the most common case.
     2. Provide a mechanism for users to change the timezone of photos
        after import.
     3. Require users to purchase a camera that supports XMP and
        timezones. (I assume these exist?)

--
Tim Retout <tim retout co uk>