Re: Time Zone.

proper tz will mean no transformation to the image date. let me
illustrate why we need tz support.

Let's say you want to do something really fun for New Year 2009. On Dec
31st, around 11.30 pm, you're in Paris, wandering in the crowded Champs
Elysee, waiting for the fireworks to begin. Hopefully for you, the sky
is clear and you can make a lot of great shots of the fireworks (except
for the few ones you triggered the flash, but that's another story).
But then, when it's time to drink some champagne and kiss some unknown
girls in the street, you take off with the Concorde (y, I need the
Concorde back for this story), and land in New York a few hours later,
ready to enjoy another fireworks, probably even greater, but without the
French touch.

A few days later (I guess celebrating the new year eve twice takes at
least 2 days to recover), you want to import your photos in f-spot.

1)current situation, no proper tz support:
all dates are transformed to utc, ensuring that a picture from Paris at
11.59pm is ordered before one from NY at 11.45pm. But the date displayed
for both images are either a bit wrong (none of them being at the right
local time) and dependent on your machine tz

2)no tz support, treat all pictures as local time
some pictures from NY will be shown before the one from Paris

3)proper tz support
-pictures are ordered using the converted time to utc
-real local time (of the picture) is stored, so the fireworks images
will be from 12.00, whatever the location