Re: Time Zone.

I'm finding this discussion interesting, since I've never got f-spot
dates to work properly. So now I'm trying to understand the current
situation...

> > But it is not clear to me yet, how f-spot is currently determining the
> > UTC time or timezone the picture was taken at.
>
> And this is the problem. It doesn't, but it shifts all of the photos
> relative to the importing computer's distance from UTC.

So to get the date/time in f-spot to match the time the event was taken,
I need to set (and leave) my camera at UTC time? (No big deal if so)

What about when you change the date/time within f-spot? Should I first
change my PCs timezone to UTC, then do the changes? Or should I leave my
PCs settings in the local zone, and calculate the UTC time for the
photo, and use that in the f-spot dialog?

Nyall