Re: Time Zone.

Dear everybody,

I have not yet made up my mind on this issue. Just two comments.

Am Montag, den 28.04.2008, 12:07 -0400 schrieb Pat Suwalski:
> Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> > 1)current situation, no proper tz support:
> > all dates are transformed to utc, ensuring that a picture from Paris at
> > 11.59pm is ordered before one from NY at 11.45pm. But the date displayed
> > for both images are either a bit wrong (none of them being at the right
> > local time) and dependent on your machine tz
>
> You're assuming I changed my time in my camera. I'm pretty sure
> practically no one does this.

I can think of a situation, where you get also some pictures from your
friends in Paris and New York each taken with cameras set to different
time zones.

But it is not clear to me yet, how f-spot is currently determining the
UTC time or timezone the picture was taken at.

> Anyone else have an opinion here?

I do not know the code, but would it be possible to introduce an option
for activate or deactivate this feature?

Thanks,

Paul