Re: f-spot features that i'd like to see

thibaut bethune ha scritto:
> 1°) bug or not bug : it takes a long time import videos from camera usb

I don't have problems at all importing from USB. What do you mean by
"long time"? How long did it take for the 173mb file?

But what sounds strange to me is: how can you import videos?! AFAIK
F-spot doesn't (yet) support video handling! Is it patched in ubuntu? I
didn't see it in the changelog.
> 2°) a suggestion : emblems on folders
>
> F-spot imports both photos & videos in folders that are arranged by
> date. But it's not easy to find the video later if i want to edit it
> with kino or avidemux for instance, nor to remember that a folder
> contain a video.

I think this can be implemented with addins, like for ufraw. A
right-click on the thumb lets you launch kino or avidemux.

And btw, on right- click, the first option is "Copy photo location". so
you can easily find where the file has been placed.
> Since f-spot iintegrates narrowly with Gnome, i think that f-spot
> could use emblem on folder to announce that such a folder containv
> photo or video or photo+video
> that would be great
This wouldn't help you much I think. Just knowing a video exists in a
folder... ;)

Ciao
maxxer

--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo milesi yetopen it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
C.so E. Filiberto, 74 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 607 8199

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.