Getting Involved...

... to answer the late questions about "how to get involved" and "which
tools are you using for the job".

So, you'd like to get involved in f-spot ? that's great ! Really, I
meant it !

Q: What tool do I need to start coding on f-spot ?
A: here's what most developers are using:
- a code editor with knowledge of the C# syntax (emacs, vim, gedit,
monodevelop)
- a svn client (please send only patches against the latest version)
- glade-3 with gnome support if you have to modify ui bits
- a quite recent mono stack
and no, there's no project support (yet) for monodevelop

Q: Where to start ?
A: Yeah, that's right, it takes months to start being familiar with the
whole code base... So I marked some bugs as gnome-love (now they appears
with a cute red heart in the bugzilla list). Those bugs should be
suitable for a new developers. Most of them will require less than 2
hours (but one of them will take a some additional hours) to be
completed. Looks like a good starting point, no ?
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/keyword-search.cgi?product=f-spot&keyword=gnome-love
For those bugs, I'll try (but don't hesitate to ask someone else) to be
as helpful as possible, provide reviews, and commit them as soon as the
code is right enough.

Q: Any additional reading ?