Re: f-spot 0.4.0 hangs (ubuntu gutsy) - SOLVED

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 19:25 +0200, Emanuele Olivetti wrote:
> Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> >>>
> >> Probably this is your problem. It should be 3.x. You should run
> >> f-spot-sqlite-upgrade.
> >> *BACKUP YOUR DB BEFORE RUNNING THAT COMMAND!*
> >>
> >> If it works we'll ask Stephane why it happened and if it's a normal
> >> situation.
> >
> > It's not, I'm experiencing it as well, with an SQLite 3 database.
> >

> After some attempts I found the source of the problem: I guess
> that during the ubuntu upgrade (feisty->gutsy) the executable "sqlite"
> disappeared. Only "sqlite3" is present. Since f-spot-sqlite-upgrade
> uses both of them (dumps using sqlite and rebuilds the db using
> sqlite3) it fails since "sqlite" is missing. Installing sqlite
> (apt-get install sqlite) solved the problem.
>
> To be precise there is one action more action I had to perform
> before upgrading sqlite.db : since I killed f-spot last time (it hung),
> the db was not OK (a .journal had to be replayed). Just running
> f-spot and exiting cleanly fixed this issue.

> 2) install sqlite (apt-get install sqlite)
> 3) run f-spot-sqlite-upgrade
> 4) use f-spot happily :)
>
> Thanks for helping me solving the issue. I couldn't access my
> linux box for some days, that's why I was so slow in my answers.

As mentioned above, I don't think that's the cause. I upgraded my sqlite
database months ago (while working on the database layer) yet it still
freezes from time to time.

Still trying to figure out how to consistently reproduce it.

Cheers,
    Ruben

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)