Re: Can't resolve dependencies on Debian Etch

Hi !!
Did you solve this problem with libgnome because I have the same ;-)

What I know is than debian packages are named 'libgnome2-0' and 'libgnomeui-0' instead of 'libgnome-2.0' and 'libgnomeui-2.0'.
But even a simple 'pkg-config --libs libgnome2-0' returns :

Package libgnome2-0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnome2-0.pc'
No package 'libgnome2-0' found

Regards,
Christophe

Richard Bronosky a écrit :
I am aware that it did not succeed. That is why I proceeded to try to analyze the configure file to find out what the dependencies were myself. I did due diligence. I exhausted my personal resources. Only at this point do I come the ask for help.

On 5/19/07, *Alexandre Prokoudine* <alexandre prokoudine gmail com <mailto:alexandre prokoudine gmail com>> wrote:

    2007/5/19, Richard Bronosky <BrunosJunk bronosky com
    <mailto:BrunosJunk bronosky com>>:
    > Ever heard the saying, "with Open Source nothing is
    impossible"?  I don't
    > think this is what it means, but...

    Clearly not the case

    > E: Build-dependencies for f-spot could not be satisfied.

    This means that running 'apt-get build-dep f-spot' didn't succeed, not
    that you actually installed possible prerequisite packages.

    Most likely you need to enable disabled 'deb-src' repos

    Alexandre

.!# RichardBronosky #!.