Noise in Images

Hi All,
I use f-spot to manage my photos, taking them direct from my camera.

I quite often shoot in high ISO (640 - 1600) and I have noticed that when I view images in f-spot there is a *lot* less noise than when I import them into Gimp...

I was wondering what the reason for this is? Is it just a function of the scaling that f-spot performs on the images? Does f-spot run noise reduction or should I be looking at why my images are *so* noisy in Gimp ...?

Thanks
-Rob

p.s Awesome work on f-spot - hardly crashes at all these days ;-)