Re: automatically copying the photos over

I'd like to chime in with these two bits about how I'm using F-Spot:

rc/gconf/whatever: Just don't take away the ability to specify what library to open from the command line. I now have three very separate libraries that I'm opening from different .desktop files. Just pointing out that it's not just about specifying where your library is, but perhaps also which one you want to open this time.

About F-Spot copying photos into a managed place: I typically create a temp folder on my desktop that I fill with photos, sometimes process them, then import into F-Spot. F-Spot copies them into a backed-up nfs share where, if I ever need to, I can access them directly. I don't need to manage folder names or worry about collisions. I'm happy with it copying them. So, choice is good, and I'm glad this is an option.

And finally, F-Spot is doing a wonderful job of helping me organize my photos, and I really appreciate the hard work that the developers have put into it.

- Robert