Re: Opening with UFraw

> > So we are back with the original problem with the version being in different
> > format than original.

> It's a limitation on how versions are handled currently. In the F-Spot
> systems a version is specific to one photo, and it is not treated as a
> separate photo. When the version name is generated it is done so using
> the same file extension as the original image.

> I believe there are already patches to fix this but nothing which has
> been released as official yet. If you search bugzilla I'm sure you
> find more information on it as the problem has been around for a
> while.

In fact, you should have attended Jimmac's presentation this morning at
GUADEC, where he (should have) demoed a patched version of f-spot which
supports jpg versions of raw images.

That patch was developed in less than an hour, but was mostly a
workaround for .nef files.

As I started shooting RAW while developing that patch and loved the way
I can change exposure and WB without degrading the image, I think a
complete and working patch will end in svn soon. Still one minor
showstopper... a fast 8Gb SD card...

regards

Stephane Delcroix
stephane delcroix org