Re: Category Name Refused

Hi,

On 7/10/07, Richard Krone <richard krone gmail com> wrote:
I am not sure if this is a bug or not.

I have a main category called "Italy" under it are two non-nested
categories, one called Bologna and the other called Rome. Now nested
under Bologna I have a category called "The Streets".

When I attempted to create a category called "The Streets" under
"Rome" F-Spot refused to create it saying that the category was
already used.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As a scuttle and del.icio.us user for the last few years, it makes
sense to me. I'd try to find pictures of streets in Rome by first
selecting the Rome tag and adding the "The Streets" tag (or the other
way around).  I don't care for the folder hierarchy model, though I
realize some prefer it over tags.

I think it would be cool if F-spot would show related tags, either in
a list or cloud. For example, when selecting "giraffe" it might show

+ ColumbusZoo (10)
+ CincinnatiZoo (8)
+ TheWilds (7)

Clicking on the "+" would join the current tag(s) with the tag in
question (AND).

This talk of categories is confusing me, I just want to use tags and
not worry about nesting.

Todd