Re: Windows Port

I don't know specifically what functionality works and what doesn't. That
was kind of part of my question. Right now I think I'm up against getting
libfspot and the other non-C# parts to compile and work with the build I'm
working on right now, so that's what I started preparing for last night.

Mainly I just want feedback in general and to let people know there is
someone out there actually trying to tackle this. As soon as I can get
basic photo management (importing from the hard drive) working, I will be
releasing something people can look at.

cheers,

tim

> If you want to start detailing the places where you are running into
problems we can look into generalizing those layers a bit.  On a
slightly different note, aren't the basic gnome libraries working on
windows these days?

> --Larry
>
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 13:22 -0800, tim netsimplex com wrote:
>> I wanted to get some developer thoughts on this. I have undertaken working
>> on such a thing as a way to get familiar with the code and also to provide
>> such an application that I could support and endorse for my Windows
tied
>> friends and family.
>> I have something limping along in my trunk that loads the main GUI, the
icons, does simple tag management and communicates with the database.
This
>> is a solution under SharpDevelop.
>> I recently branched that and integrated A LOT more code in an attempt
>> get the basics of photo importing and viewing working.
>> However, I've run into a variety of issues that all seem to stem from
using the gnome-sharp implementation at the moment.
>> Is this the best way to attempt the port? Or should I just use some other
>> functionality somewhere, i.e. the thumbnail generator found in Gnome.
Thanks,