Re: New idea: optionally write tags to file

On 27/12/06, Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo milesi gmail com> wrote:
I have a request, even considered it can be useful (I'm not sure).

I have write metadata enabled, so that tags and other stuff got
written to the file.
Sometimes it happens to me to create some temporary tags, used i.e.
for managing pictures of the same events but taken with different
cameras with wrong time.
Those tags shouldn't be written to file as keywords!

So I'm wondering: is this a stupid thing or not? I mean, it's useless
to implement this, because a "foo" keyword into a jpg won't hury
anyone, or can be considered as an option?

What I do is when I fire up F-Spot for a nice tagging session, I
disable the file-write. I then add all the tags I want. F-Spot is much
less slow this way. When I am done, I add a dummy tag to all the
photos (or, all the photos that I changed), enable file-write, and
then remove the dummy tag. That gets your XMP data in sync with the
F-Spot database.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/sitepoint.html
http://hohah.com