Re: sharing photos collection

I took a look at file permissions and found all users have read access to photo.db.  I then looked at directories used to store photos and all allowed access to anyone in the group with my user ID.  When looking at individual files I found that only the owner has any access.  It would seem that the answer lies in giving photo level access to group so that it's consistent with Linux file access.  I didn't see the -b option in f-spot help on the command line but that may relate to my running f-spot version 0.2.1 on Ubuntu 6.10.

On 2/21/07, Tim Millard <millardster gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 12:46 +0100, Nathanaël Martel wrote:
> but I would like her to access my photos and the
> data (labels) I am puting on it.

I've been thinking about this a little. Perhaps something similar to
DAAP for sharing music in Banshee and iTunes (until Apple broke it in
version 7).