Re: some ui bits missing

I agree with Brian fully on this one. The best example is when I choose to import from a drive. Until I ran f-spot from the command-line, I did not know it was actually trying to locate files. On a large terabyte network storage that has several thousands of pictures and somewhat near 150,000 files, this ran for quite some time until I noticed what it was doing.

There should be more of an indication to the user that it is processing _something_.

-Jason

On 2/19/07, Brian J. Murrell <brian interlinx bc ca> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 01:44 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> There's a JobScheduler patch lurking around bugzilla. I've never had
> any luck patching with it, but those who use it report that it really
> speeds up F-Spot. Try it.

Well, that might help some places that are slow, but regardless, there
are going to be operations that no matter how much they are speeded up,
are going to be slow on a slow machine.  Those should not leave the UI
response-less and the user wondering what is happening.  A progress
meter should always be popped up on any operation that could be slowed
down by multiple selections.

b.

Brian J. Murrell