Newbie's next step?

I have an empty gallery2 set up on my web-server,
and I have a folder full of JPEGs which I want to display
as a slide show.
I also have f-spot set up on the server,
everything running under Fedora-6.

Should I use f-spot to set up this slide-show?
If so, what steps should I take?
(Please be as concrete as possible.)

Incidentally, what is the advantage of using f-spot
in this context,
since it seems that gallery2 does in fact have the facility
to set up a slide show on its own.

Any and all advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy