Open with menu

Hi,

I tried to read the code to find out how the open with menu is populated and which applications appear there. This is done with gnome vfs, right? And the application must support URIs, right?

Well, what I want to do is to open my NEF RAW files with Bibble (a commercial RAW conversion app I just bought). It comes as a deb-package (I am using debian) and installs desktop-files in /usr/share/applications. All just fine. I don't know yet if it supports URIs but that is not the reason it does not appear in the menu (I added some debugging output to check this).

What do I have to do to include another, foreign application in this open with menu? Is there any way to do this? If it does not work with the URIs, I can write a wrapper script. That is not the problem. But what do I have to do with the desktop-file (or whatever)?

Thank you very much
Paul Wellner Bou