Re: export tags to gallery

On 07/02/07, Markus Schlichting <schlichting markus gmx de> wrote:
hi,
yesterday evening i found out that it was not possible to export my f-spot
tags to my Gallery. I spent some time to create the attached patch that adds
the nessesary lines to the GalleryRemote.cs .
Unfortunately, it is also unsupported in the GalleryRemote API, so i had to
patch the code on my gally, also. I published the code for the GalleryRemote
Module on gallery forums some minutes ago.
(http://gallery.menalto.com/node/60370)

What do you think of this hack?  I think this should be integrated (maybe
after some tuning, I appreciate your comments ;-) ) in f-spot to be able to
export the tags to gallery. Virtual album, for example, are very nice and i
don't want to tag my photos twice to be able to use them ;-)
Integrating this without being supported by the gallery is no problem as the
additional parameters are irgnored and cause no errors.

In theory it's a great idea, but I don't have the time to check the
implementaion right now. It's a rather natural idea that your tags
should follow wherever the pictures go.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/ubuntu.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/100/c_melanie.html