Fwd: Cannot start F-Spot

F-Spot hasn't started for me in a while, and I finally got around to running it in debug mode. Here's the output I get, after which F-Spot never starts and my CPU spikes:

ParsingMode = Both
BreakSingleDashManyLettersIntoManyOptions = False
EndOptionProcessingWithDoubleDash = True
DontSplitOnCommas = False
Initializing Mono.Addins
Starting new FSpot server

Unhandled Exception: Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteSyntaxException: file is encrypted or is not a database
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.GetNextStatement (IntPtr pzStart, System.IntPtr& pzTail, System.IntPtr& pStmt) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean want_results, System.Int32& rows_affected) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery () [0x00000]
  at Banshee.Database.QueuedSqliteCommand.Execute () [0x00000]

I'm not sure what Banshee is doing there, so I moved ~/.config/banshee out of my .config folder, and that did *some*thing. Now I get:

ParsingMode = Both
BreakSingleDashManyLettersIntoManyOptions = False
EndOptionProcessingWithDoubleDash = True
DontSplitOnCommas = False
Initializing Mono.Addins
Starting new FSpot server
XXXXX
Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteSyntaxException: file is encrypted or is not a database
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.GetNextStatement (IntPtr pzStart, System.IntPtr& pzTail, System.IntPtr& pStmt) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean want_results, System.Int32& rows_affected) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader () [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteScalar () [0x00000]
  at Banshee.Database.QueuedSqliteCommand.Execute () [0x00000]
XXXXX
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...
Starting new FSpot server
Can't get a connection to the dbus. Trying again...

I think that may be an instance of an Ubuntu bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/f-spot/+bug/95318. So I installed sqlite (and sqlite3) and now it's fine, even if I move the banshee folder back into ~/.config.

I'd like to help get to the bottom of that bug. Is sqlite itself a dependency of F-Spot? Or is there something else going on?

Cheers,
Andrew