Reporting of Problems

I think that f-spot is a good application and is maturing at a good pace. - Thank you to all of the developers.

I have had a few issues with the software and after posting here received great assistance.

The reason for this posting is that in a reply to my last f-spot posting Stephane suggested that in the future I post any bugs to bugzilla.

I believe that if a user is having a problem with an application there are 3 possibilities.

1 The user is doing something wrong or is expecting something that was not intended by the developers.
2 There is a problem specific to only his/her system (computer).
3 There is a bug in the application

Posting on a "forum" will help narrow the problem to one of the three and then hopefully a remedy.

I also believe that bugzilla should be used to post actual bugs/problems with an application.

After searching the internet, I have not found any user "forum" for f-spot other than this list. I have hesitantly posted to this list as it seems that this list is geared more toward the developers than the user.

My concern with posting here or on bugzilla is that I will be wasting the developers time with a problem that I have created, when instead they could be working on real application issues or improvements.

In conclusion: If there is a user "forum" for f-spot that I don't know about please let me know and I will use it, otherwise I will continue to post here and if someone else has the same issue as I do I will then post to bugzilla.

Mark