Re: Email Problem

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 17:08 -0500, Mark Petersen wrote:
> I am unable to use the mail function in f-spot 0.4.0. I keep getting
> the following error:
>
> An error occurred while creating a message compose window. Please try
> again.
>
> I am using Debian Etch 4.0 and icedove 1.5.0.12.
>
> If I change my preferred mail client to evolution, I do get a compose
> window.
>
> I have tried "icedove --compose" from the command line and I do get a
> compose window.

what's the result of this ommand on your system ?
gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command

> Searching with google, I am only finding issues relating to a bug in
> mozilla with not having myspell installed. - Which I do have
> installed.
>
> One other problem that I am experiencing, which is not really that big
> of a deal, is missing icons. The Browse, Edit Image and Slideshow
> buttons do not have an icon only white space with a red x.
>
> I had f-spot 0.3.5 installed previous to this and the mail function
> did work and all the icons were present.

you need hicolor-icon-theme 0.10 or newer installed. please also check
about a possible stale theme in /usr/local/share. If you do have
a /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/index.theme (or a hicolor/index.theme
prior to 0.10 installed on the theme search path), remove it or upgrade
it.

note for future issues: report bugs to bugzilla.gnome.org.

regards