change in storage directory: a bug?

I upgraded to f-spot 0.3.5 (provided by ubuntu feisty fawn) from 0.2.?
(the one in edgy eft) but at the first import the new pictures were put in
~/Foto/ directory and not in ~/Photos/ where I have all my archive. Note
that my Linux installation is in Italian but before the upgrade F-spot never
changed directory Photos->Foto . I solved by removing all the new pictures,
then going to preferences and setting again ~/Photos/ as default. Note that
there was no warning about this and it's not trivial for users to catch it
(I noticed the changed during a backup...).

Is it expeceted that recent versions of F-Spot decides to change the default
storage directory to something locale-dependent (without notifying)?

Note that F-Spot 0.3.5 behaved correctly showing both pictures coming from
~/Photos/ and from ~/Foto/ all together. But I believe that this mixed
stated
is something to avoid. Or not?

Hope this helps,

Emanuele