Re: filename clashes du to multiple cameras: an issue

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 22:42 -0700, Steve Herber wrote:
> Would it be possible to offer a configuration string that would expose a
> format string that a user could modify to customize to their needs?
> The existing method, expressed as a fake printf format string is to check
> for a filename collision and if one is found try the file "%d/%f-%n.%e"
> where %d is the destination directory, %f is the filename, such as
> IMG_1000, %n is the next number to try, and %e is the extension, typically
> jpg.  If this were exposed someone might change this to "%d/%c_%f.%e"
> where %c is the camera name.
>
> Defining the format options would be a chore but it leads to the
> flexibility a tool like this should have.

I think this feature fits in nicely with the Rename patch I submitted
some time ago.
But also, I think this would be best implemented as an extension. Not
part of the core functionality. Just need to slightly modify the core
functionality to make it possible for the extension to add this feature
to it.

/Bengt

p.s.
The rename patch is not updated against latest svn, and if anyone feels
like it... please update it :)