f-spot slideshow questions...

Hello 2 all!

I am looking for a valid alternative to google picasa for linux. I'd like to build a digital picture frame using an old laptop, and a slideshow software with a smooth and simple transiction effect like f-spot has, is what I was looking forward.

Unfortunately, there's a little problem: when I start f-spot with switch "-slideshow", it starts but in a little window and a warning in shell says: "XSCREENSAVER_WINDOW is not set, starting in window" or something similar.

Googling, i didn't find anything useful that could explain me which values to pass to XSCREENSAVER_WINDOW variable.

Have U any ideas?

And for what concern the seconds delay between pics during slideshow, is there a method to set a seconds interval?

Thanks a lot for replying in advance!

Regards

Gabriele.