Nice archieving features wanted

Hi,

I really make a lot of photos and I really have not that much disk
space. But I dislike deleting photos, too. So I have a problem.

I'd like to have a feature that allows me to burn a bunch of
pictures to cd/dvd and now it comes:
The photo management program should keep only little previews of
those exported photos along with the information about which disc I
saved them on (a disc label, p.e. 'Summer 06').
So I can search all my pictures and when I've found one thats
archieved, it tells me 'the original Picture is on disc 'Summer 06'.

I could try to implement that on my own for f-spot (dunno c# jet but
java) but this could mean some big patches. I didnt have a longer
look at the source code yet.

Do you thing such a feature could make its way to an official f-spot
release? Can you give me an (not too optimistic) estimate on what
has to be changes in the code?

mfg
- eth