Re: Installing F-Spot in Kubuntu

On 31/10/06, Stephane Delcroix <stephane delcroix org> wrote:
Hi Dotan,

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 01:26 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I installed the latest Kubuntu 6.10 today, and I need to reinstall
> F-Spot. I see that the F-spot.org site lists these dependancies:
> mono-gmcs
The dependencies Bengt listed on the site are for ubuntu

> libmono-sqlite2.0-cil
> libmono-cairo2.0-cil
>
> However, apt-get fails with:
> E: Couldn't find package libmono-sqlite2.0-cil
> E: Couldn't find package libmono-cairo2.0-cil
>
> and I found this:
> dotancohen ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-cache search libmono | grep sqlite
> libmono-sqlite1.0-cil - Mono Sqlite library
> dotancohen ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-cache search libmono | grep cairo
> libmono-cairo1.0-cil - Mono Cairo library
>
> Will this be enough to install F-Spot 0.2.2? Thanks in advance.
no, it won't be enough to build anything greater than f-spot 0.2.1

But I guess that changing your sources.list will make the required deps
available.

best regards

Stephane

Thanks, Stephane. As soon as I get home I'll add the Ubuntu (not
Kubuntu) repos and see if that helps. I had assumed that whatever is
in the Ubuntu repo would also be in Kubuntu. But we both know what
happens when one assumes!

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xhtml.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/108/carey_mariah.php